Tuesday, November 24, 2009



During my degree I have been interested in working across all of the ceramic techniques. I have a strong desire to work across all ceramic disciplines to assist my own studio work as well as provide my students with the best examples and techniques for working with clay and glazing.



My slip casting designs are based around my interests in the tactile nature of functional ceramics. The way out tableware’s feel in our hands and when we drink or eat from them is a governing constraint on my slipcast forms.

When working with traditional techniques I try and develop forms which complement the traditions and styles that throwing provides. These bowls are all thrown on a traditional kick wheel. Using a kick wheel forces the potter too be in tune with their body as well as the clay which is being thrown, it proved a slower and more precise finish to thrown work.

No comments:

Post a Comment